The Certified International Purchasing Manager (CIPM) is designed for current and future purchasing & supply chain professionals and managers, reflecting levels of understanding and of competence needed to assume responsibility for managing purchasing & supply chain operations at the international level. It is based on a Learning System (LS) developed by the International Trade Centre (ITC), and conducted by the prestigious International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute.
The certification examination review course prepares purchasing and materials management professionals for the Certified International Purchasing Manager (CIPM) Examination sponsored by the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI). Certification as a CIPM is increasingly being specified in position descriptions and job announcements as desired and/or minimum qualifications to be met for such professionals.
- Introduction to procurement & supply chain management
- Procurement cycle and the main aspects of sourcing processes
- Procurement policy and the need for integration
- Procurement and category strategy development
- Supplier management
- Cost analysis
- Negotiations skills required for efficient procurement management
- Price arrangements
- Procurement ethics and law
- Contract administration
- Purchasing transportation, logistics, and other indirect spend services
- Supply chain information systems and electronic commerce
- Performance measurement and evaluation
- The future and trends of procurement and supply chain
- International sourcing
- Differences: Domestic and Global Purchasing
- Global Sourcing Levels
- Global Sourcing Benefits
- Switching from Domestic to Global Sourcing
- Roadblocks to Overcome
- Starting an Offshore Buying Program
- Sourcing Strategies
- Identifying and Qualifying Suppliers
- Using available procurement techniques
- Comparing total landed cost of acquisition
- Negotiating With Suppliers
- Preparing the contract
- Key clauses for the contract
- Dispute settlement
- Methods of payment
- The Terms of Shipping Documentation
- International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS)
- Bill of Lading and Other International Purchasing Documents
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the international sourcing, management and administration processes, and current issues as they relate to purchasing and supply chain management in an international context.
- To develop an understanding of what to study and how to study in preparation for the CIPM.
- To determine which CIPM tasks require the greatest amount of study and concentration in order to pass the CIPM examination.
Who Should Attend
This program is specially designed for professionals, managers, and executives who are involved in purchasing and/or supply chain management at the international level. It is also suitable for those who are planning to venture into this field of specialization
Three days before the course date.
The Training HUB Premises: BLD #5, Sq. 1181 – Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
Registration and Payment
- Open www.thetraining-hub.com/ Training Facilities/Course Registration and fill your registration form.
- Course fees include material, lunch, 2 coffee breaks and certificate.
- Payment by cheque in The Training HUB’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
- Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
- Payment is non-refundable; however, participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.
For More Information
Phone: 0222692086 / 7 / 8
Mobile: 01280720167- 01280653407